Well, it's been a while! We've been up to A LOT too!
Emmi started Mommy's Day Out one day a week. This week will be week 4 and we are making progress! The first week they called me to pick her up early. Oh my goodness, my heart dropped when I saw the church name on caller id! They just said she was starting to get more upset and it was close to the end of the day so I went to get her. One of her teachers was holding her and she was crying off and on... so sad! She SCREAMED and started shaking when she saw me... even more sad! As soon as she was in my arms she started waving and telling them "bye" and "tank" (which is "thank you"). The 2nd week they said she did better. The 3rd week wasn't any better than week 2. Now, about a month later she doesn't cry the entire time, she will play with toys without having to be held, and will go into class without having to be pulled off of me. She still won't eat lunch while there, but she does nap which we NEVER thought would happen. Her teacher also told me that she can tell Emmi is going to be one of her best girls! Awww
Her friend Olivia goes to school with her and now associates school with Emmi so when I picked Emmi up a little early last week, Olivia cried "Memmi" until she got picked up. Sad, but so cute that they recognize each other!!
Daddy has been taking her to storytime at the library when I go to the office on Tuesdays. The first week they went was a few days after her first day of MDO and she freaked out! I guess she thought he was going to leave her there. She's better now and I think they both enjoy it!
Emmi is adding a lot of new words! We are so close to the "word explosion" and talking!!
She's also definately becoming a toddler! We had our first public fit yesterday. She screamed at the top of her lungs! I was mortified, but stayed calm and quickly left so she knew it wasn't allowed.
We are going to the fair this week once Grey gets here.... my mom broke her foot(kinda) so we'll see if I actually attempt taking them both by myself since my hermit of a husband doesn't want to go :)
All I can think of for now... although I'm sure I've missed a ton!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
A few updates....
at 5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment